Villa Hügel, built by Alfred Krupp between 1870 and 1873, served the Krupp family of industrialists as the company’s residence and place of representation until 1945. The Great House was once the family’s main residential building. With its 269 rooms and 8100 square meters of floor space, surrounded by a 28-hectare park, Villa Hügel is more than just a corporate residence – it is a symbol of Germany’s industrialization. Today, the Alfried Krupp von Bohlen und Halbach Foundation owns the entire property. Large art exhibitions are held regularly in the Great House. In the Small House, exhibitions provide information on the history of the family and the Krupp company. The prestigious park invites visitors to take a stroll and linger.
Hügel 15, 45133 Essen
T: +49 (0) 201 / 61 629-0